Sunday, July 24, 2011

Finding Humor

I'm not a cyclist.  


I have some friends who are very serious about cycling. Serious enough to shave their legs (purportedly to get more speed/less resistance?) - yes, that'd be men shaving their legs.  Glad golfers don't have to do that.


Speaking of shaving legs. I wish y'all could have seen me giving Julie a sponge bath, cleaning her hair (sans agua), and yes, shaving her legs. (all without getting water anywhere near her sutures.) It was quite comical. First time I've ever shaved legs, mine or anyone else's. I'd give myself a solid C- . 


It totally wore her out (and frankly, I felt like I had climbed a fourteener when I was done).  Sarah came in about 3/4 way through and edumacated me on the fine art of leg shaving. Too little, too late. When life is hard, its nice to have small moments of humor to break it up. We got a good laugh out of it. 


As I mentioned we brought Julie home yesterday, got her set up in 3 different places around the house for her to "nest" - variety is the spice of life you know. She actually got to sit outside for about 15 minutes. (I promised her I wouldn't get too close with the camera :-)


The Patient enjoys some fresh air
Today is a harder day. She had a lot of activity yesterday - getting home, walking a bit, being brutalized with a razor...maybe too much activity.  She is in more pain and tired, but its all part of the healing process.


The doctor said to make sure she is drinking lots of fluids - which normally, I'd agree with.  Problem is, without hardly any liquid intake, Jules goes to the bathroom about every 38 minutes. Especially when we are in the car. Driving to AZ. (Exaggeration is my prerogative in my blog.) This "drink lots of liquids" edict is taking this to a new level. Especially at night. They should pay night nurses way more than they do.


God is good. All the time. Tomorrow is another day. 





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates. I'm following every day. The spirit, strength and love that you all share is amazing to me, and evidence of God's great presence in your life.

    Love,

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Julie gets to be in one of her favorite places - your beautiful backyard! I'm certain healing will increase more quickly each day simply because she's in her own home with the people she loves most.

    ReplyDelete